I admit it. I make New Year's resolutions. What can I say? I'm a goal-oriented person. I don't make resolutions like I'm going to lose weight or get organized. I try to be more specific.
So on this last day of 2009, I'm reflecting on what I set out to achieve at the beginning of the year.
1. Get better or more serious with my running. Check. I ran a half marathon.
2. Take my camera off of the AUTO setting. I'll never get better at taking pictures, if I don't. Sorta check. I didn't use my AUTO setting near as much, but I don't think I learned to take better pictures either.
3. Get a book to study specific chapters of the Bible. Fail.
4. Take better care of my nails. Try to keep them painted or at least looking nice Au natural. Check. Do I feel guilty that this one I succeeded at and my Bible one I did not? YES!
Here is a list of things I accomplished even though they were not goals at the beginning of the year.
1. Found a different ministry at church to volunteer. I'm working with the exceptional needs kids once a month and in the nursery once a month. I love both!
2. Made a prime rib. This seems so silly, but I just did it last week and it's fresh in my mind. I thought it would be really hard, but it was so simple. I regret waiting so long to try.
3. I met a 7-day challenge. Can't say anymore;)
4. Started scrapbooking again. I really love this hobby and the friends that I make scrapbooking.
5. Started a blog. I had no idea I would be doing this by the end of the year, but I'm so glad I did. It's been super fun, even though I dropped the ball for a long while. If you do read Snapshots occasionally, thank you. I received some good feedback from you all this year.
Tomorrow, I will post my 2010 list of New Year's Resolutions.
No comments:
Post a Comment