Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and made some happy memories. Even though we were super busy throughout the holiday season, I managed to keep it together and enjoyed most of it. I have so many thoughts going through my mind so I think I'll post a random list of some of my favorite things during our Christmas season.

1. I loved going to my kids Christmas programs. The younger two had school and church programs. Getting ready for them seems like a hassle, but they did such a good job, and the music and messages always put me in the Christmas spirit.

2. I love Christmas cookies. This year my sister-in-law had a Christmas cookie exchange and luncheon. It was so much fun, and I ended up with 13 different kinds of cookies. I love baking cookies and of course eating them.

3. I love that even though my oldest son got Wii games and movies for Christmas, he wanted to read one of the books he got first.

4. I love that my younger son, being the social butterfly that he is, after unwrapping all of our gifts, he asked if his best friend could come over.

5. I love that my daughter (after being really sick on Christmas Eve) woke up Christmas morning feeling better. She said "Jesus didn't want me to be sick on His birthday."

6. I love that my tired hubby picked up, did dishes, cooked, took out tons of trash, got firewood, stoked the fire all day, etc. but didn't snap when he had to open and put together 23 different toys. And he got me diamond earrings:)

7. I love how happy everyone is on facebook. Almost everyone gave thanks to our Saviour for His Most Precious Gift. I feel like God has blessed me with wonderful friends.

8. I love all of the extra time with all of my family. When I was growing up, we didn't have grandparents, aunts, uncles or cousins. I'm so happy my children have all of these, and their Christmas memories will be filled with family.

There is more I could add to the list, but my daughter wants me to watch a movie with her. That sounds like the perfect end to Christmas 2009.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment