Friday, July 31, 2009

A Project

Last week I was determined to clean up my office. Here are some before pictures.











The way that I like to deep clean is to take everything out (preferably out of the room). Then, I clean top to bottom, and clockwise from the entry of the room. Finally, I put the things back that belong. I really try to edit what I put back. I don't know why I do it that way, but that is what works for me.





Here are some after shots.



This is the side I want to keep open to scrapbook or do other projects.







This is where I use the computer, pay my bills, etc. On the cork board, I put the school lunch menus and schedules. I prefer the cork board to my fridge. I found this smaller version of the Pottery Barn organizing system at Target. My friend, Lisa, actually found them.

At the top of this cabinet, I keep my photography stuff, computer stuff and a caddy for school supplies for the kids. It has everything they need for homework or school projects. I just pull it down and put it on the kitchen table for them to use. On the bottom cabinet, I store scrapbooking stuff. I also have a rolling bag that has most of my tools.







I still have a laundry basket of the kids scrapbook memorabilia I need to divide and put away to put in their scrapbooks later. I'm planning on doing that tomorrow.



I hope I'll be able to keep it like this and actually scrapbook here when I have time. Maybe when the kids go back to school. I'm pretty sure that is what I was saying this time last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment