Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wellll....it's been a long time. I've still been reading my favorite blogs but posting on my own, not so much.

I am inspired by one blog I read though. She writes to her children about their daily lives, observations and dreams and hopes for them. I like that. It makes me think that if I write more often, someday when I'm gone my kids or grandkids can read my posts and know what our lives were like. And how I felt about them. It would be more like a journal.

So today, I missed my kids. I was shopping with a friend and we were talking about our kids, and all of a sudden I just really missed them. It's a couple of days after Labor Day and we had such a great weekend being together. I just loved being with them.

And then I went to pick two of them up and Meredith didn't want to put on her seatbelt when I asked her to. She looked at me like "what are you going to do about it?" So I grounded her from tv for the day and I didn't really miss her anymore. Lol

Tonight we are going to get Tommy fitted for his tuxedo for the Homecoming dance. Yep, my baby is going with a girl to his first high school Homecoming dance with a girl in a tuxedo. I'm excited for him, getting to do all of these fun high school momentous events. But at the same time, it's hard seeing him grow up, literally. He's eye to eye with me now. His body is changing so much and he's becoming much more independent. He started driver's ed and will be getting his learner's permit next week. It's a lot to take for this mom! But I think I'm handling it well. Thanks for asking.

Adam has been sick but I think he's finally getting better. He's been so sweet and snuggly the past couple of weeks. Good medicine for the growing pains I'm going through:)

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment