I went to the Hearts-at-Home conference this week. If you've never heard of it, here is their home link.
http://www.hearts-at-home.org/
I have so much information in my head, that I would like to get it written down so I don't forget about it. One of the things I took away from the conference was the idea of margins.
There are many different definitions of margins. I'm referring to the blank, white space on a page.
You need margins on the page. You need the white space. You can't see the words on the page without the white space. The margins help bring the focus on the words.
We need margins in our life like we need margins on a page. We need down time. We need time to rest. We need time to relax. So that we can focus on the words in our lives- our faith, our families, our friends.
I've been thinking about how important the idea of rest is to God. Not only did He command us to take a day of rest, but He designed in every living thing He created, that it should rest as well. Human beings have to have sleep. Animals sleep or hibernate. Plants go dormant. Even God Himself rested after creating the Earth. Gen 2:2
I went to a workshop on living with less, so we can have more. Some of it was about finances, but what meant more to me is the idea of letting some things in your life go, so you can have more of the margins in your life. I've been thinking about how my family could do this. I have some ideas.
More posts to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment